2018: A Year in Review
I’m not one for making resolutions. I do have lists of ongoing goals and plans, but I wouldn’t consider them to be resolutions. My general idea is to keep moving forward, knocking out to-do lists as I go. It doesn’t seem realistic to put together a big list at the beginning of the year and expect it to remain valid for 365 days. Sure, my approach can at times go sideways and maybe I won’t end up getting much of anything accomplished, but it’s what works best for me. The bottom line is things change, the unexpected happens and some items just don’t end up as important as they might’ve seemed on January 1. I’d rather keep updating my plans and move realistically through evolving objectives than front-load a bunch of goals which could end up obsolete or unimportant.
All that blathering aside, I’m going to assign some proactive thinking, planning and scheming to the coming year and just go ahead and call out the awesomeness that will be 2018.
In no particular order, here’s 2018 in review:
- After many years of plotting, planning and trying to save, I finally moved into my very own, sweet little home.
- Where I can rehearse with actual amplifiers and not worry about freaking out my upstairs/downstairs neighbors.
- Where I no longer have to listen to, smell, etc. my upstairs/downstairs neighbors.
- It was wonderful how the nation came together, on a bipartisan level, to root out the lies, pandering, narcissism, sexism, bullying and posturing which had become so pervasive in the political scene.
- I can’t believe how many people got out and voted. There were record turnouts across the nation!
- I competed in both the Spartan and Ragnar races and didn’t destroy myself.
- No, I didn’t come in first, but I finished! Baby steps…
- It was inspiring to see the increased level of volunteerism, community service and general concern given to those in need.
- You get my back and I’ll get yours. The unexpected can and will happen – often when you’re least prepared. You never know when you’re going to need to ask for help – or have the opportunity to help someone out. Give – and live – generously.
- I moved forward with my artistic goals and closed out 2018 with a great sense of personal accomplishment and pride. The mantle of The Uninspired has officially been shaken off!
- Life-sustaining water sources were discovered on Mars!
- Shuttles are being booked for departure in the coming year.
- My drink recipes were inducted in the Bartending Hall of Recipe Fame.
- It was a long road, fraught with toil and heartburn, but we all pulled through. Thank you to everyone who helped me along the path to spirit-filled glory.
Peace to you all – And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!